Monday, March 10, 2008

Bernie Lomax




As I watched Zach on Sunday morning demonstrate how propping him in a chair could not make him alive, no matter what you could do, All I could think about was the movie "Weekend at Bernie's"!!

Loosely, the story is about two losers who are invited their boss' beach house for the weekend only to discover that their boss had been murdered. They are determined to have a weekend of fun, leisure and partying. In order not to become suspects of murder they treat the body as a puppet and make people believe he's still alive. Of course, no one notices. Andrew McCarthy and Jonathan Silverman prop him up on the couch, take him to the beach, on the boat, etc. It's a pretty absurd movie!

Bottom Line:
Only Christ can bring a person back to life!

Are you Bernie Lomax? Are you depending on other things and other people to lift you up? Is your life dead inside? Seek Christ.


Jo

Galatians 2:20 - 
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.


2 comments:

The Elliotts said...

You are great Jo! I think God smiles when we have these thoughts. :-) Love Galatians 2:20 too, I think we should read that daily. Amen!!!!

Love ya,
Cam

Anonymous said...

Thank you!