Saturday, July 5, 2008

Proactive Prayer

I am sure most of you have heard the saying “Prevention is the Key.” In our daily lives we are doing something subconsciously or consciously for preventing something. It is the same on our dairy farm, especially since we became organic about 6 years ago. Before it wasn’t as big of deal to be proactive in preventing illness in the herd because we could use antibiotics to fix the problem. Being organic antibiotics are a big no, no. So we have had to change our way of thinking and become a big advocate of being proactive in prevention. With this our cows are a lot healthier.

I have been thinking about our prayer life as a body and wondering are we proactive or reactive in praying? Are we praying for the antibiotic or are we praying for the prevention? How bold are we in prayer? Do we pray specifically for protection for one another in the physical and spiritual sense? I am not saying that we should stop praying for the antibiotic or the healing of one another. But just think of how much healthier we might be physically or spiritually if we took a proactive stance in each others lives and prayed in prevention.

So in Zach’s words PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!

Love Steph

2 comments:

Becca said...

I have to admit I didn't pray for David's health until after we heard it was a problem. I like the idea of being proactive in my praying. That's a new goal for my prayer life now: be proactive.

Joce said...

Amen Sista!!!!!! I definitely am guilty of waiting until there is a problem to pray. I LOVE IT~ it was divinely sent from the Lord's heart to yours to share with us. Thank you for being obedient. =)