Monday, August 18, 2008

David's surgery is done

I just got back to the hotel after David's surgery. Leaving him there all connected to wires and tubes was the hardest thing I have done since leaving my children for 3 weeks. David is doing well so far. He was able to talk and respond coherently. We were told many patients can't so soon after the surgery. The surgeon told us we could make firm plans for travel 3 days after the surgery. He thought that Sunday [our scheduled flight] was too early. Please pray he is wrong and we can go home as planned. Please pray David recovers enough to tolerate the flight home. I have to figure how I am going to sleep tonight. It's been a long rough day. Knowing that people are back home praying for us and thinking of us helps more than I can express. My mantra since leaving David is a line from a Christian song: Rain on I will not drown I am standing firm on higher ground. That along with "I can do all things with Christ who strengthens me" has kept me from getting lost in the emotions. ~Becca

No comments: