Friday, September 5, 2008

His Energy

Today, thanks to Jamie mentioning wanting to read Colossians the other night, I had this desire to read Colossians. So I started to read. I didn’t get very far when a verse struck me and made me think of a conversation I had with Rick.

“We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.” Colossians 1:28-29

It hit me that we have his energy to do his calling. God gives us his power to do his will. How amazing is that? He will give us what we need, when we need it. Have any of you felt exhausted from your crazy schedules? Have any of you felt how can I fit all the things in that you feel called to do? I know I have, many times. And actually Rick and I were just talking about it this week. He feels a calling to do more for the church but doesn’t feel like he can commit because of the farm taking so much of our time. Don’t be reluctant on doing something you feel called to do. If it is truly of God, he will give you the time and energy to do his will, because we definitely can’t do His will on our own strength, we need Him. Don’t be afraid to step out. Have faith in Him and believe that He will be there to give you what you need. ☺

Love Steph

No comments: