Friday, September 26, 2008

Where Everyone Prays (Knows) Your Name…

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.
You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

Ok, I know this is the theme song for “Cheers” a show about a bar which is usually my husbands area of talking, like in his blog a couple of months ago called Pub Talk, but I thought it fit what hit me yesterday. So lets change the scenario for a moment and the show “Cheers” is instead the church “Hillside”. And the theme song is now “Where everyone Prays Your Name”. In the show when people come in like the guy Norm, everyone yells out, “Norm!” when he walks through the door. So for the purpose of this scenario we will use my husband Rick but it could be anyone or everyone. Wouldn’t it be cool if we could all yell when Rick comes through the doors “Rick I have been praying for you!” Is this how our church should be? Zach has said many times the we should not only pray, pray, pray, but pray for each other individually by name. Do we all do this? I can tell you that I do pray for you but I will have to admit two things. One, I know I fail in praying everyday for you and second, I am not sure if I know everyone by name. The thought that hit me yesterday was this call to everyone in our church to pray for each other by name. I know we have heard this before but I have felt called to be an echo and say let us all seek the Lord on behalf of each other. So let us start by taking one week at a time and set aside 7 am each day this next week for our brothers and sisters and pray for each other by name. I am looking forward to this time with God and praying for you.

Love Steph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the idea and the picture! Pray Pray Pray!

Zach