Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Do I really believe what I say I believe?

I believe the Bible is true. If I believe the Bible is true, logic dictates that I believe Psalms 34 is true. If I believe Psalms 34 is true then I have to believe statements like these are true for me:

v.4 I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears.
v.5 Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
v. 6 In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened; he saved me from all my troubles.
v. 7 For the angel of the Lord is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him.

If I believe these statements are true for me, it doesn't matter how my day is going because when I pray God answers me, God listens to me, God saves me from my trouble. If I really believe this, I should walk through my days with peace and calm because of my faith/trust in God.

Personal assessment: Some days I am better at the peace and calm than others. I am better at the peace and calm the more time I spend reading my Bible and listening to Klove; the more I remind myself of God and his promises. ~Becca

1 comment:

The Elliotts said...

Amen! Thank you Becc!

Love,
Cam