Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Prayer for My Best Friend and Her Family...

Lord, I come to you with sadness in my heart for my best friend, Jamie and her husband Brian. Why do things like this have to happen? Please give Brian's mom peace today as she is fighting the last stages of breast cancer in the next few days or hours. Lord, I do ask for a miracle that Helen, Brian's mom, is able to hold her grandson one last time at home. Benjamin is so close to coming home. Only a few more days and what a cherished memory that would be for the whole family. I don't understand Lord, all this stuff caused by a fallen world and I am sure I don't want to. Lord, I guess I am coming to you as a mom and asking for peace to settle over Helen knowing her family is taken care of and that You are with them always and that she is coming home to you soon. I also pray as a child and never being ready to loose a parent. That you give her children, Brian, Lisa, and David peace in all that is to come. I also pray as a spouse and not bearing the thought of loosing Rick. Give Erle the strength to carry on and also the wholeness of You that could be the only thing that will sustain any of us who are or could loose a spouse. Lord, we look to You for all that we need. And I lift them all to You. In Jesus' most precious name. Amen.

No comments: