Sunday, June 28, 2009

Letting God...

…Make you laugh. It is true that our God has a sense of humor. It has been many years ago that I first distinctly remember finding this out. It was a horrible day on the farm for all of us. Nothing had gone right that day. And to keep it real (sorry for airing dirty laundry family ☺) there had been tempers flying and I think at the moment no one was talking so the tension was thick. It was at that moment a sheep ran into our milking parlor. Now our dairy farm doesn’t have any sheep on the place. The only animals we have are cows, a couple of dogs, and a few cats and absolutely no sheep. So when you see a sheep running through our parlor you have to stop and laugh and wonder, “what?” That definitely broke the ice and brought smiles to our faces. God brought us laughter when we needed it most.

…Give you a hug. Yesterday was a pretty good day, but milking that afternoon I was dodging what my dad calls “pasture paint.” In other words cow poop was flying. The joys of dairy for sure, (ok I know some of you have an appalled look on your face right now, but that is the facts of life on a farm ☺), some afternoons are worse than others and yesterday was one of those days. It makes for a long afternoon milking and not much fun. So here I am not having a great time and in comes Maxson, smile on his face and the words “love you mommy.” Those words I have been waiting to hear ever since he was born. Words that every mom treasures and I got them when I needed them. My hug from God and giving me the lift up I needed.

…Romance you. Ok, this might be more for the ladies (for the men it might be more like letting God call upon you). Like all of my stories this ends up in the parlor. While reading the book Captivating I was thinking how nice it would be for Rick to romance me but not actually ask for it. I guess you need to read the book (awesome by the way) to totally understand. I wanted God to show me romance through Rick (if any of you know Rick you know he isn’t the most romantic guy around even though he has his special ways of romancing me). So I prayed it would happen all the while thinking in the back of my mind this will never happen for me. The next day while milking I plugged in my ipod and found a play list called “why”. A play list Rick had made the night before about why he loves me. I think I started crying right then and there, in the middle of milking, with the understanding that God answered my prayer and truly does love me.

…Be a number of things. Just look around you and open up your eyes and see God working in your life. Let Him be fully living in you.

Love Steph