Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Frangrance of Life...

Today as I drove to my favorite store, I was driving through the farmland that surrounds us. As I was looking around and taking it all in I could see that the harvest season is just now starting. You could just smell it in the air. I know this is the farm girl in me, but I love the harvest smell. If you are not from the farm I don’t know if I can explain it to you. The closest I can get to it is that it is like the smell of fresh cut grass. So hear I am driving and sniffing and enjoying the scenery and the words hit me “Aroma pleasing to the Lord.” That got me thinking of how does that play out in our world now. How do I/we give an aroma pleasing to the Lord? Is it possible anymore? And the answer is yes. It is who we are. The women at our church have a get-together once a month called “The Garden.” There we are given a inner beauty secret each month for us to ponder. Last months inner beauty secret was “fragrant.” This tied it all together for me. What fragrance are you emitting to others and to God? Do you have an aroma pleasing to God? Does love shine from you, are you the salt and light, are you who you say you are? I know that when God gazes down at us and sees the out pouring of His love through his people he is pleased. Thank you Lord for Your spirit, which gives us the ability to have the wonderful fragrance of life.

Love Steph

No comments: