Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The "At Last" Factor...

The other day I decided to start reading out of my NLT Bible again, which I absolutely love. I wasn’t sure where to begin so I thought why not at the beginning. I didn’t get very far before I discovered something I had either never read before (because the verse isn’t in all translations) or the verse had never been lit up for me. I found what describes a husband’s love for his wife- how he cherishes her, how he desires her, and how he is thankful for her. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man. “At Last!” the man exclaimed. (Genesis 2:22-23a) “At Last!” It took just two words for Adam to say all of what I describe to Eve after he first laid eyes on his beautiful bride/wife when God brought her to him. I can’t say for all wives, but this is exactly how I feel with Rick. It explains him to the T, in the simplicity of his love, but with depth far beyond I can ever imagine or describe. I believe that all men are similar in there reactions to there wives and I can only hope their wives can see the gift God has given them. A gift of Himself, a gift of love, a gift specifically made for you. I thought this was fitting to share since it is our anniversary today. Thank you Lord for my gift of a wonderful husband and best friend in my man. And for the “At Last” factor in our marriage.

Love Steph

No comments: