Monday, November 22, 2010

Give Thanks

Yesterday afternoon Zach and I were able to sneak away for an afternoon just the two of us.  We stopped into Starbucks and got to use a gift card which someone from Hillside so generously gave to us a couple weeks ago.  We were chatting and watching the rain come down.  I looked up and saw a gentleman, arm in arm, with his wife who is blind, walking with a stick.  Starbucks was full of Christmas decorations, the lights on the trees were twinkling outside, and my heart stopped for a moment as I watched these two come inside. The thing that struck me was that she had the biggest smile on her face and yet, all she can do is hear, taste & touch.  I was enjoying watching Zach, whom I adore and could watch for hours.  I could see the Christmas decor, I could see the people breezing past, I could see the clouds, I could see my coffee and I could see her smile.  My heart instantly filled with extreme thankfulness.  When everything shakes out, we really have nothing to complain about.  Sure things don't go our way, sure we have bills to pay, sure we have to work hard & harder than others at times, sure we didn't get good sleep, etc. But we have life.  Life abundance.  Life from Jesus which produces joy in our hearts and love overflowing.  My hope this week is to keep in perspective this lady and what she misses out on each day, but the joy she carried even without sight.  I hope if a stranger sees me walk past, that the look on my face shows of God's love and thankfuless...  Let's GIVE THANKS...

Love,
Cammie

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Cammie, Thank you for sharing. Our problems sometime's seem larger than someone elses, and I believe we grow deeper in GOD's Love when he help's us realize that true Love, Inspiration, and Faith has no boundries, to those who believe !!! I am so thankful that our Lord & Savior can bless us with these teachings. Pure Love for someone, is testimony to his Power!! Faith is the great gift he gives us to Inspire one another, Wisdom, to help us to better understand how precious the gift of Life really is, and last the POWER OF PRAYER!! I am inspired to hear such awesome testimony to GOD's work !!! May God continue to bless us all !!

Tracey.......

Tracey O said...

Cammie, Thanks for sharing. It is testament, that pure Love for someone has no boundries! I am inspired to hear such a awesome display of the God's work. It sometime feels that our problems are far greater than someone elses, and it is then in those moments, I believe GOD teaches us that Life is a precious Gift, and it is not what happens in it, but more so how we live it!!!! To carry LOVE,is INPIRATION,KINDNESS & JOY, to have FAITH is WISDOM,ENCOURAGEMENT,& PRAYER, and to have PEACE is to completely SURRENDER. May GOD bless us all, and we continue to witness his GRACE!!!!
Tracey.......