Monday, November 15, 2010

A Lesson For All...

My wife, Cindy, and daughter, Stephanie, had a shopping day this last week.  My grandsons stayed home with their daddy and hung out on the farm with me.  As they were leaving, Maxson says, "Bye mommy and grandma."  Aiden then looks up and starts running towards the car with both arms up, crying big tears, saying "don't leave me mommy."So Rick goes and picks him up and brings him back.  Here then the lesson begins.  Maxson puts both hands on Aiden's shoulders and looks into his crying face and tells him " don't worry Aiden, mommy will come back, she always does."  Aiden still was having a hard time so I asked him, "do you need daddy to give you a four wheeler ride?"  "Yes, daddy, four wheeler ride," was his answer.  After daddy, Maxson and Aiden had their ride the day was a sucess for us all.

Like 3 year old Maxson knew his mommy was coming back because his mommy told him so, we must remember our heavenly Father will be coming back because He also told us so.  And let us not forget every now and then everyone needs a four wheeler ride or a little help.  It may be a family member, church member, co-worker, or friend but be ready and willing to give that ride if and when they need it.  I did not do this for a family member and everyday it bothers me.  So, please if you need a ride, call us here on the farm and Cindy, Rick, Stephanie, Matthew, Abbie, and myself are ready and willing to help you get that four wheeler ride. 

What a friend we have in Jesus
Jack
503-961-5542

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Thank you.