Friday, March 11, 2011

Another Day Closer...

Yesterday morning, my dad gave me some wise words, in lue of our baby still not making its appearance at what is now 10 days past due date, "Well, bud (my nickname), your another day closer." Made me smile since that is really the only way we can look at our situation. There is no way of counting down the days at this point and no way of knowing the minute anything will start happening. So what do we do? Do I sit down and weep because baby hasn't come leaving me in this huge pregnancy state (tried that), does time stop while we wait (nope boys are still growing and our life keeps going), so what do I/we do?

Those words given to me by my dad were a gift, not only from my earthly father to make me smile but from my heavenly father to give me a push out of being self absorbed and realizing it is in His hands, everything is. He also led me to realize how relevant these words are to the time of our Lord's return and that everyday we wake up we are another day closer to seeing Him face to face in our new home. Like in my situation and being over due, the Lord's return can be any minute, any day. We do not have a time line or a count down to that glorious day. So how do we act while waiting? His Word is the best resource. :-)

Dear brothers and sisters, be patient as you wait for the Lord's return. Consider the farmers who patiently wait for the rains in the fall and in the spring. They eagerly look for the valuable harvest to ripen. You, too, must be patient. Take courage, for the coming of the Lord is near. ~James 5:7-8

Well, we could be like me, in my low points, over the last 3 weeks and be lost in my own self, seeing only what hasn't come to us, letting depression cloud what joy is around us, let worry and doubt set in, and not living life through whatever path God has for us, but instead just sitting down and doing nothing (this wasn't all the time but on and off through out the last few weeks). We suffer in doing this and God's kingdom suffers when we stop looking for Him and being who he wants us to be. Instead, let us be what I have come to realize, and that is waiting patiently and eagerly for the time to come. Let us be waiting with excitement, not forgetting the life he has planned for us here and now, because like we know this baby will come, the truth is that Jesus will return. No matter what stage of life we are in, newborn or 101, everyday we are yet another day closer. :-)

Love Steph

No comments: