Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Couple that prayers together...

Stays together...

And I believe it's true!

When Zach and I were first married we were so busy with his new job as a pastor, being newlyweds, etc. that we didn't pray together every night.  We prayed together a lot at different times throughout the day but not at night.  In Oct. 2005, I remember we had been married a year and we both decided we were going to make it a point to pray together every night.  And we've never stopped...  I cannot tell you how wonderful it is, with our heads lying next to one another, to come together, pray/praise about our day and pray for the next day, our future, the girls, safety, their future husbands, etc.  There have been nights when I've fallen asleep while he's praying or vice versa. :-)   In the morning at our breakfast dates we pray together as well.  And I wouldn't want it any other way.  I believe that prayer together with our spouses is what will keep our marriages strong in the Lord, keep us unified with our spouses and so we can make it to our 50th wedding anniversary. :-)  Or beyond!

A day hemmed in prayer seldom unravels...especially with our spouses...  :-)

IHS,
Cammie

No comments: