Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dear Church,

You can call it eating crow. You can call it being humble. You can call it letting your pride go. You can call it sacrificing. You can call it doing what the other person should be doing. You call it whatever you want but if you have even a small
"issue" with someone at home or at work or in your family in another state, please don't wait another minute to sit with or write to this person and tell them how much you love them no matter what happened or who was wrong. I have been dieing because I waited just two days to accomplish this. The enemy convinced me many times that I was justified in my feelings even though our Lord and I knew better. Praise God that
the Holy Spirit won out and the letter was written. Not only did God lift a great weight off my shoulder but the people wrote back and now we are even closer and will accomplish more to Glorify God in the future. I am now forgiven by my Lord and my friends and even by myself. How sweet is that? Thank you Father.

See you Sunday,

Doug

1 comment:

The Elliotts said...

Love the message and the lesson! Thanks Doug...so true! Our God is a God of peace and joy. If peace and joy are missing within a relationship somewhere, God is missing somewhere there too. What a journey! Thank you!

IHS,
Cammie