Wednesday, November 21, 2007

God is faithful - rejoice with me!

At the beginning of the month, I was worried about money. I paid some extra on bills that left us with not enough living expenses so I knew we were going to need to pull from our meager savings which was depressing as that is our Christmas money. Then my van needed to be fixed. *sigh* I prayed: "God you know our needs you promise to meet them and take care of us. I am claiming that promise. I can't see how you are going to do this, but I know you will." I kept praying that prayer, but never checked our checking account or took care of any banking chores. I put it off for an entire pay period. When David's second check of the month came in, I updated the checking account and found God's faithfulness. A few days after I prayed, the state deposited child support money [which we do not get regularly]. Not only did we have enough money to take care of bills, winter coats, the mechanic, and not having to touch our savings, but I paid the rest of November's bills and we have all the money we were hoping for Christmas sitting in our savings account ready to be used.

Praise God for He is faithful. He keeps the promises He gives us in the Bible. Praise God for He is a provider. He didn't simply provide for our basic needs, He provided for perks and niceties, too. Praise God for His love and caring; in the whole scheme of life and the world, my problems are small and yet He cares enough to take care of me. ~ Becca

1 comment:

Joce said...

Praise the Lord!!! He never ceases to amaze me! It's funny how we often think our little prayers are too little for God, why would He care about something so small. . .but He does. I felt silly praying about potty training Elijah. . . but God has been so faithful and Elijah is doing WAY better than I ever imagined. God truly does supply all of our needs and he blesses us with even more. Thank You Jesus for caring about our wants too!!!