Sunday, November 4, 2007

To the Body of Hillside:

How did you do this to me? How did you steal my heart like this. It has never been done before. No one was allowed into my head and heart like this. I was always free to be alone whenever I wanted. But, OH NO! You had to climb into my pocket and hang out and be loving and caring and just plain wonderful. What's a guy to do? All I want is to be around you people. Can't wait for the next Sunday to come around. Thank God for Wednesday nights at the Elliotts for bible study. My church body fix mid week to get me to Sunday. I already am going to miss a Sunday In December picking my mom up at the airport. If one of you would do that for me, I would pay for the gas. LOL!!! Anyway, thanks for loving Marilyn and I. We now can not do without you. The hugs and love we receive on Sunday morning are perfect. The honesty between ourselves is so, so refreshing. I want to thank John and Shari for sharing with us last week. For letting us into their hearts and lives and letting us be part of their struggle. We are acting just like God had in mind when He created us. Praise God for openness in Hillside. Praise God for John and Shari's
availability to His will by allowing us to share with them. Thank you Judy for your hugs. Very special. Thank you Jo for your creativity. We love what you do. Thank you Merricks for the integrity you bring each week. I could go on and on but I am going to bed. It is so easy to pray for my sweet Hillside body of believers. How blessed Marilyn and I are to have each and every one of you. Love to you all, Doug.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Doug for you wonderful appreciation of the Hillside body! Thanks also for your servants heart. You are loved. You are loved. You are loved.
-Scott

Anonymous said...

And thank you Doug for being who you are. I love you and Marilyn so much. You are everything that you see in others that love you too. Thank you for always putting a smile on my face. Jo