Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday is not as good as Sunday!!!

I sit here at my computer doing my banking and answering an email but all I can really think of is tomorrow. I get to see all your kids. I get all those wonderful hugs. People are smiling and in love with our Savior. I'VE GOT IT!! We will all quit our jobs and just hang out together at the Legion Hall. We can sit Maxson and Judson on the corner with a tin cup and probably make enough money to eat and pay the rent on the Legion Hall. We can pray all day, fix leaks in the roof, paint the walls mocha (of course!) and just praise God 24/7. Now you know I am right. So everyone give their two weeks notice Monday and in two weeks we will meet in Aurora. We won't need our houses and STUFF anymore so we could sell everything and buy the Hall and the property next door. Now we have it made. Nothing but God and communal activities. We will have to put Zach to work or he will want to preach almost every hour. Can you imagine Scott and Jesse and Brian playing in the background 24/7? We will have to buy the coffee shop on the corner that is for sale to keep them going at such a pace. AREN'T WE WORTH IT? God and music and coffee and activities and keeping Zach busy so he won't preach all the time? I'm loving this idea. By the time Judson and Maxson are five they will figure out we are existing only on their panhandling and we will have to cut them in. So we need to recruit a lawyer (a spiritual one?) to help us with their lawsuits. This is a plan that can not fail. So get ready church. I will meet you there two weeks from Monday with my sleeping bag. And you thought old people couldn't think new stuff up!!! Love you all and see you tomorrow, Doug.

2 comments:

The Elliotts said...

We are all laughing out loud, even Zach. :-) What a wonderful thought! I agree with you Doug. I love Sundays too! And of course Zach does too, he has our undivided attention! What fun!

See y'all tomorrow!

IHS,
Cammie

Anonymous said...

I'm game!
However, I don't think we'll get enough foot traffic in Aurora.
So, we'll have to set-up outposts at the I-5 rest-stops, using those cute little 'Box' babies.
(Tim)