Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thoughts

I work Monday through Friday, 4:30pm to 12am. I come home from work, try to wind down and be in bed by 1 or 1:30. My body is more than willing to snuggle into the flannel sheets but for some reason my mind does mental aerobics, sometimes for a couple of hours! It makes mental "to do" lists, grocery shops, writes thank you notes, amazing huh? Most often I wish it would heed the hours noted by the lighted clock hands and just go to sleep. Other nights like tonight, when God directs my mind to something worthwhile I'm glad to miss some sleep. This morning I found my thoughts reflecting on Zach's sermon and the Sunday email entitled "Grace Leads to Confidence, Love Leads to Boldness." It has spurred me on in my prayer life and fostered some thoughts on how prayer connects us to God.

Here are my early morning reflections.

Praying men and women tap into God's...

Presence (we are before the throne)
Pleasure (the joy of His fellowship)
Passion (for His children, lost and saved)
Promises (extended and accepted)
Plans (for ourselves and others)
Priorities (not the world's)
Possibilities (beyond our imagining)
Power (to live Godly lives)

I'm so grateful we can plug into the "source of life" through prayers.
Hope you slept well!

Love, Diane

1 comment:

Joce said...

Grandma Di, Thank you for sharing a glimpse of what the Lord does in the wee hours of the morning. =) You are such an encouragement and the words and the wisdom you share are wonderful. Thank you for pouring out what Jesus pours into you. Much love,
Jocelyn