Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tell someone something good God has done...

...in your life today. This sentence was in my daily devotional this morning, so I am going to share. Years ago I was married and divorced. What I had heard about God's stance on divorce is that He does not like it, but I hadn't dug into the Bible for myself. I have asked God to forgive me for my divorce, but it never sat well with me. The guilt lingered. Sunday, I was reading 1 Corinthians when I came across this verse:
(But if the husband or wife who isn’t a believer insists on leaving, let them go. In such cases the Christian husband or wife is no longer bound to the other, for God has called you to live in peace.) 1 Corinthians 7:15

I was stunned. There is no question that my first husband was not a believer. I had no idea this verse existed. I reread and reread it, pondered it, reread it some more. It's there in black and white and I have nothing to feel guilty about. God couldn't have freed me of this guilt if I hadn't dug in His Word.

That's how He is working in my life. How is He working in Yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how personal the Lord is. He meets us right where we're at. Right now I'm learning to trust His perfect timing. Although His timing is often not mine and it seems like mine is the only right way (LOL-hee hee) I'm learning that when I let go and let God. . His timing is truly ALWAYS perfecto! It's amazing! I wish I'd realize this each time before I put my whole heart into my own timing. . there'd be a lot less heart ache.