Wednesday, May 19, 2010

God, faith prayer

Like for so many of you, David and I find ourselves with much going on. This concern with this kid, that concern with that one, and waiting for God's leading on a new job for one or the other of us. For a Bible study I had to look up Matthew 6:34 and memorize it. I love to go to biblegateway.com and check out all the versions of a verse. This is the one I have posted on my mirror, carry around with me and have half memorized in 3 days: Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes [Matthew 6:34 The Message].

Heavenly Father:
I lift all that's going on in my life, all the craziness swirling around. I put all this in Your hands, sit back and remind myself You are my shepherd and You will provide all I need when I need it. As my needs change so too will your provision. Help me this day not to get worked up about what may or may not happen. I know You will help me deal with whatever comes; You always have before now. Help me to focus on this day and see Your blessings in this day. Amen

~Becca