Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Honeymoon Phase...

Less daunting as team
You, unlikely king by my side
And me, so much better for trusting you
My hand over your heart
While you keep hindrances at bay
Color me surprised by how our union saves the day

Over the weekend, I watched my new favorite movie, "The Prince Of Persia," where I heard these words to the song that Allanis Morisett wrote called "I Remain". This song, along with going to a wedding shower this last weekend and having to write advice to the new bride, made me think of Psalm 45 again (I read it all the time. :-)) and marriages.

I am sure you have all heard or been told, "enjoy the honeymoon phase while it lasts." Why do people say that to young couples? (Drives me crazy) Who is to say the honeymoon phase can't last all the days of your life together? It can and if you allow it, the honeymoon phase will last forever. That is my advice to young couples, live your marriage out like a constant honeymoon, cherishing your love for each other, treasure the gift God has given you, and keep God as the center of your lives. Speaking to the ladies, as Zach taught let your husband be the hero (play the roll of Jesus) in the epic movie of your life and you be the love of his life (playing the role of the church). "For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your Lord." Psalm 45:11

I feel so blessed to not only be married to the most amazing man, but to also be surrounded by wonderful women who feel the same way about their own husbands. I pray that never ceases. I pray for this to grow in others beyond those around us. Let us, let the world know and teach by our actions of honoring our husbands and living the honeymoon forever. Let the honeymoon phase be our whole life here on earth with our wonderful husbands, our Kings whom we trust. Who knows what God has planned for each of us, but like the lyrics of the song say, together with God, your union might one day save the day.

Love Steph

No comments: