Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Why Wait?...

You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasure of living with you forever. " ~ Psalm 16:11

Living with God starts now or the minute we accept Jesus into our lives, changing who we are forever. Why wait to live eternally when we are in heaven, but instead accept His presence and let Him show you the pleasures of living with Him for eternity now. Of course this world isn't perfect and we are all going to struggle with something, but His way is perfect. It is how we look at the things of this world, do we look at it through the eyes of our old self, with fear and doubt, or do we look through the eyes as an eternal being in the presence of God, whose strength and truth we can rely on? I have been there, I have let that fear of living in a non eternal world take hold in my life when thinking of trying to conceive after loosing our baby last fall. I didn't want to go through that kind of heart ache and pain ever again. Who would? However, seeking God's continual presence (being in the word, praying, and worshiping) and allowing myself the reassurance that he never left my presence in the first place (letting faith take over), I could allow Him to show me the way of life, granting me the joy of his presence, and the prelasure of living with him forever, which is having no fear. The 18th Psalm was presented to me at the time which opened my eyes to the fact that it wouldn't be me alone going through that pain again if it so happened. I wouldn't have to rely on my own strength to get through this imperfect life. In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall. (~ Psalm 18:29) I knew at that moment I could make it through another miscarriage (even though I have no desire to do so) and I didn't have to be afraid of trying to have another baby. Living eternally here on earth doesn't make life any easier, but it allows us to see this life in a whole different way, allowing God to lead us and be there for us. The benefits of eternal living are so much better. :-)

Love Steph

No comments: