Wednesday, September 29, 2010

VU VI VO

I came across this verse when I was reading and it reminded me of the mission of Hillside. To live Vision Up, Vision In and Vision Out:

Psalm 42:8

By day the LORD directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.

 "By day the Lord directs his love"...vision out. If I surrender myself to the Lord, each morning when I awake, he will direct his love through me. Whether it's love to our husbands, our wives, our children, our co-workers, our friends, our families or complete strangers. "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:35 Praying the Lord directs his love through each of you throughout your days.

"at night his song is with me--"...vision in. Almost every night I pray that my thoughts would be his thoughts and that the Lord would fill my mind and heart while we sleep. Our God can minister to us even while we are asleep. Praying that our vision in would be found to be full of the holy spirit's fruit. Hmmm...if his song is with us while we sleep and rest, how much bolder would our love be directed throughout our days?

"a prayer to the God of my life"...vision up. God in my waking, God in my sleeping, God in my waiting, God in my resting, God in my hurting, God in my healing... These things will remain true as we worship and adore our one true living God. The alpha and omega, perfector of our faith.

Hillside,

This last Sunday as church was beginning, I sat in the back row and looked around at everyone. My heart was overflowing with love for each of you and an extreme measure of gratitude for my family at Hillside. I truly love and care for you. And my prayer is that each of us would continue to live with vision up, vision in and vision out. Let us not forget or grow weary. If you are tired, worn out, distracted, scared, hurting, sick, lonely, frustrated, worried or weak...please take your cares directly to the God who gives you life. He will fill you.

Jesus says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 28-30

Praying for each of you tonight that we may be a mighty army living VU, VI and VO!

Love,
Cammie

No comments: