Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Little Thought

Psalm 18:35

You give me your shield of victory,
and your right hand sustains me;
you stoop down to make me great.

Yesterday I was studying and came across this part of Psalm 18, verse 35. ..."you stoop down to make me great." This verse is talking of Jesus (especially if you read leading up to it). I thought about how amazing it was that in the context of Jesus, he did stoop down to make me great. I was nothing until I accepted the sacrifice he made so that I could have new life, eternal life.

And then it got me thinking about me and how I am day to day. Because of our life as a pastor and pastor's wife, my days are usually full of preparing for something...a Bible study, a women's group, a men's group, dinner guests, church preparation, sunday school prep, a meal for someone, etc. I always include the girls in all I do but I haven't put much thought into the fact that most of the time when we're getting ready that I am standing and they are far below me, looking up to me. I thought, if Jesus would stoop down to make me great, why can't I stoop down for our girls more to make them great? I'm not saying that I don't ever go down to their level, I am just saying that I need to more often.

As I awoke this morning I prayed and thanked the Lord for stooping down to make me great and I prayed he would make me mindful of this teaching throughout our day today. Many times, I have knelt down next to the girls and I can't tell how how much their faces have shown pure joy as we're eye to eye.

I also prayed for the holy spirit to fill me to overflowing today. And honestly, I am teary as I'm typing. My sister in law is going through a very rough time and even though my heart is breaking for her, and many others around me who are hurting or weak, I am truly full of joy today. I can't explain it. All I can say is that I am praising God today for teaching me even in simple lessons and humbling me constantly. I am no where's near being a perfect Mom (nor will I ever be) and I am just thankful that he can mother through me. I say bring it on God! Thank you Lord for today, for joy through suffering and for stooping down to make me great. :-)

Love,
Cammie

No comments: