Saturday, December 8, 2007

Are you willing to try and enjoy the valley?

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

As I mentioned earlier things have been challenging the last couple of months. The hardest part of all this has been is, it is hard to put into words how it has been challenging. It has been unlike anything that I have ever experienced. I have from time to time faced challenging times, like everyone. However, as I have gone through this valley it has made me think about the valleys I went through before I new the Lord. During those times there was no hope that things would get better, life was just flat out bad. However, now I can turn to scripture and see time after time that our Lord and savior is there for us. The interesting part of this is, I have not found anywhere were He says it will always be easy, but He does promise He will be there for us. Over this last month it has been one of the most challenging times I have faced, yet there has always been some sort of comfort knowing that He is there watching over me. It has been a struggle to spend time in the word, yet my prayer life has increased dramatically as I have worked to draw closer to Him. The interesting part of this is that as I have tried to force myself to study the word I have had a hard time finding value in it. I guess my insistence to be a “good Christian” forced me to strive and spend a set amount of time in the word. However, when I would spend time in prayer drawing closer to Him, He would provide me with the scripture that I needed to maintain the relationship that we have. I would spend days wrestling with one or two verses. He would use these to work on certain lessons that I needed to be taught or to give me direction. The verses that He would provide in these times proved to be far more valuable than the verses I was trying to make myself read. I guess tonight my challenge to all of you is to enjoy the valley as all to often it is being used to work on one thing or another in your life and He is there watching over you. One more thing, enjoy the time of these valleys as it is an opportunity to truly seek the Lord out and draw close to Him, I know this is easier said than done, however I am currently experiencing this very thing and as I come to terms with this, more and more, it is a wonderful gift that He has given to me.

God Bless,

Rick

No comments: