Thursday, December 13, 2007

Genesis 26:3

God asks Isaac to dwell in the land of God's choosing, not Egypt. Isaac obeys and prospers greatly. God swore an oath to Isaac's father Abraham. The pronunciation in the early text was Shav-vah. It meant to give one's word. I find it interesting that the Mightiest Entity in the history of the world makes loving promises to us. He has the power to do anything, yet he is gentle and kind with us and even adds incentives so we will choose Him as our Lord instead of a million other temptations. I ask myself "Who is this Guy?" He can have His way with us if He wishes, but never imposes on us His will or anything else. That is love beyond my brain or even my heart. The word humility I always attribute to humans. But our Lord is the humblest of the humble.

We talk about waiting upon the Lord and the problems we have with that, but how long has He waited for you? How long did He wait or how long has He waited for your parents? Are you teaching your children not to make Him wait? I sure did not and now must watch them self-destruct more each year. But more importantly, how long are we going to make Him wait? Let's see!!! "Be still God, and know that I am human!" That is what we are telling God. "Just calm down Mighty King and I will eventually show up to respond to the greatest deal anyone was ever offered." All in MY own time God. ALL IN MY OWN TIME??? I do not think so!!!
In His own time? YES!!! Wow, He is so awesome!!!

In Matthew 25:29 God wants to give to us abundantly. I do not see that as cars and houses. I see that as joy and peace, which is better than cars and houses. God watches the faithful use of our talents to determine how He may give to us. He says that "to everyone who has, more will be given." Use your talents to glorify Him and do it faithfully. He wants to see us smile. He wants to see us laugh. And we can only obtain His perfect Will if we live within His perfect Will.
Love from Doug.

No comments: