Thursday, December 6, 2007

Confession From a Tired Brother!

For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing…What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
Romans 7:19,24-25

Brothers and sisters I write to you as a tired brother that has been in a struggle for sometime now. I have talked with some of you about this struggle off and on over the last couple of months from time to time. Yet the confession I have is that I have never laid it all out there for you to examine and pray for me. Tonight I looked back at the last time that I have blogged and it has been over two months. This is not to say that I have not had anything to blog about, because the Lord has lit me up over several things during this time. Yet I find myself in this battle of doing just as Paul describes above. The part of this, that is the hardest for me is the battle that we are fighting against Satan. In scripture you can see this battle playing out with Paul. I know that for myself that I am a lightweight compared to Paul when it comes to these things, if Satan is able to play this out with him, what does this mean he can do to me? The question I have for you tonight is what battle is he playing out with you in your life right now. We are in this continual battle with good and evil. I encourage all of us to go to bat for one another and pray, pray, pray for protection. Tonight as we head to bed or rise in the morning for work remember what Paul writes in Ephesians.

Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
Ephesians 11-13

God Bless,

Rick

1 comment:

The Elliotts said...

You are so right Rick! And we'll be praying for you and the rest of the church at Hillside. What an honor we have to do just that!

Come on God!

IHS,
Cammie