Friday, September 7, 2007

Elijah's Favorite Song

Most of you know my favorite "nephew Elijah," he stands at about 2 1/2 feet tall and weighs under 30lbs and he is 3 years old + 1 month. He has blue eyes and acts just like his daddy most of the time. My favorite thing about Elijah is if you ask him to sing you a song, he will most likely sing you a song that is called, Jesus Blood. How many 3 year olds will sing you this?...

Jesus Blood
There's a secret I must tell
Of all the love I've found
And it's hidden in my heart
The day you tore my world apart
Hallelujah, King forever, friend and Saviour

Jesus' blood never fails me,
Jesus' blood never fails me,
Jesus' blood, Jesus' blood

And this secret, it will run
To the corners of the earth
Where every woman, every son
Will carry high their chains undone
Hallelujah, King forever, friend and Saviour

Jesus' blood never fails me,
Jesus' blood never fails me,
Jesus' blood never fails me,
Jesus' blood, Jesus' blood

Sing your songs of freedom
Praise the God of heaven
Love that never fails me
Jesus' blood, Jesus' blood

Elijah will sing, over and over, Jesus' blood never fails me. What an amazing thought for a 3 year old. Let us all keep those words on our lips and share them with those people who ask what our favorite song is.

Hallelujah, King forever, friend and Saviour Amen!

IHS,
Cammie

3 comments:

Joce said...

Thanks Cam! I was crying the whole time while reading/singing the song. I'm so humbled by what a gift God has given Nathan and I in Elijah, and I know it's only the beginning. Thank you Jesus for the power of your blood! What freedom and joy we have.
Joce

Anonymous said...

I guess we are going to have to send Nate and Jocelyn to parent counseling. What have they done to that boy? We love you guys. Your kids prove that the Holy Spirit resides in your home. We are blessed to have you there. Doug.

Anonymous said...

oh that we could be so innocent. It's this child-like faith that we should strive for always. Bless those little ones! (and the parents aunts & who model it - Nate & Jocelyn!) I love you! jo