Thursday, September 27, 2007

The task given is not completed, in our eyes.

“And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake of the dust from your feet.” Mathew 10:14

Wednesday night at Bible study we were discussing the tenth chapter of Matthew. As I studied to prepare for Bible study this verse stood out to me and after we met it stayed with me and as I have prayed through it I find so much hope in it. This was spoke to the disciples as Jesus prepared to send them out to spread the Message to the Jews.

How often are you given a task to complete? How often do you fall short of that task? Are there times that you think that you have failed Jesus, as you were not able to finish a task that He asked you to complete? Maybe the better question is did you complete it in your eyes or His? I can all to often be given a task and in my own mind see how it is to be completed, but I think all to often I miss how He sees the plans unfold. The interesting thing is that as He gave the disciples these instructions He did not tell them that they would be successful. He simply told them to go and do as He instructed. Brothers and sisters I encourage all of you to come before Him and ask Him is the way you see the plans unfold in line with the way He sees them unfolding.

God Bless,

Rick

No comments: