Wednesday, September 5, 2007

No Favortism

Good stuff from John Macarthur...

Galatians 6:3 says, "If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself." At times we don't follow up and support stumbling believers because we feel superior. A lot of people like to look down on those in sin. They see someone in sin and they look down on them with a smug, self-righteous attitude.

I was touched by what one writer said of his own experience. "I've often thought that if I ever fall into a trespass, I will pray that I don't land in the hands of censorious, critical, self-righteous judges in the church. I'd rather fall into the hands of bar keepers, street walkers, or dope peddlers because such church people would tear me apart with their long wagging gossipy tongues, cutting me to shreds."



Remember when we were of those listed above? Thank God for grace...distribute it abundantly!!

Love, Nathan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grace is easily distributed when you stay focused on the Grace our Heavenly Father bestows on us each and every second of the day. Thanks for the reminder Nate. Doug.