Saturday, September 29, 2007

Encourage One Another. . .

After many, many attempts by the enemy to keep me from going to "The Way", Solid Rock Fellowship on Friday night (sore throat, cough, sinus headache, sleeplessness, car problems, traffic jams, etc.) yet by the grace of God, I got there.

If you have not been to “The Way”, you MUST GO. The experience is incredible; 600-700 college/young adults greeting each other with love, fellowshipping, praising God, celebrating, eyes and ears wide open focusing and listening intently on the words of the Father.

The music is awesome. John Mark Comer is captivating. After the service, I met John Mark to give him words of encouragement and tell him how much I enjoyed the service.

Chatting with John Mark, I told him that I came from Hillside in Aurora and we chatted some more. Suddenly, his face lit up and he got excited. He said, “ . . . you are from the church that gave us the card!” Yes. He couldn’t thank me enough. He said that he and his wife really, really enjoyed the dinner out and it was such a blessing and such encouragement to receive the card. He went on and on. He called over his wife, Tami and introduced me “from that church”. They both asked that I bring back thanks to our entire church from them.

Hillside, I wish you could have been there to see and feel the warmth of their smiles and the thanks in their hearts. We have made a difference! And we can do more!!! Come on church, let’s make the next seven (7) months better than the last! I implore you to be an encourager. Pour on the cards, letters, poems, prayers, photos, music CDs, books, drawings, gift cards, coffee, pies, quilts, toys for their son Jude (who is almost 2 yrs. old), flowers. Think of the things that would encourage you. In the words of Zach, “Bring what you have.”

And if you need inspiration, go to “The Way” on Friday night at 7:30pm! (10500 SW Nimbus Ave, Bldg T, Portland, OR.)

“Therefore encourage each other, and build each other up. . .”
1 Thessalonians 5:11

Love,
Jo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on God!!!!! Come on body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thank you Jo!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God, Alleluia, Praise God, Amen, Praise God, Alleluia, Praise God AMEN!!!!

Love ya Jo, thank you for encouraging us and sharing such an amazing story. It touches my heart!!!

Love,
Cam

Joce said...

Whoooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Thank you God that you can use little old "Hillside" to advance your kingdom. We want more God! Show us Holy Spirit how else we can be your hands and your feet. Bring it on God!!!! We're ready! =) Thanks Jo.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad God made you a Hillside attendee. You continue to bless me. It never ends. Thanks for loving Jesus. We do want to go to "The Way" as soon as possible. I will let you know. Doug.