Sunday, September 9, 2007

God's Lullaby

Yesterday we were walking along the beach watching the waves roll in. It was Maxson’s first trip to the beach. It didn’t take long for the rhythm of the ocean sounds to lull him to sleep. The ocean was a lullaby for Maxson, but really it was God’s lullaby. Have you taken the time today to listen to one of God’s lullabies? I didn’t think about that till this afternoon while I was listening to the wind blow. It has been so windy today and if we would just sit down and listen we can hear God singing to us his lullaby. God speaks to us in many ways and I believe that he sings to us too. Just listen around you and you can hear the sweet soft lullaby of God. He may surprise you with peace amongst chaos and comfort in sadness. All we need to do is stop and listen a minute. It really is so peaceful and relaxing. I don’t stop and listen enough to what God has to say. If I would just sit and listen to His voice, it might bring me to my knees and have me come close to Him more often.

Love Steph S

1 comment: