Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Prayer- Cure for the Common Church- Part II

Well I must write to add to what my wife had to say last. How amazing is He? As I write this I must admit that for her to get to the point of writing her last blog, I had to get through some pride issues and ask for help. For a couple of months, prayer with my wife has been on my mind. I recognized that I had been failing her and our marriage in not setting aside time for prayer as a couple. I would spend hours praying about this issue and would obsess about it. I felt so bad that I was failing her as the leader of our house and it made it even harder to come to a solution for how I was failing us. As most of you know I do have a stubborn streak and all to often I try to go about it alone. It has not been until the last year or two that I have come to realize that I get to go about it with Him. I will admit, that as I prayed through this I could not come to a decision in how solve this problem. However, if He would have answered the prayer a couple of months ago I most likely would not thought much about it and would not be writing this blog.

Part of my problem was I tried to take this burden on all on my own. I was seeking Him in how do I fix this but did not share my burden with anyone. I cannot tell you the number of times I told all of you that things are great at home and Steph and I are wonderful. To tell you the truth things were and still are wonderful. With the exception of our prayer life as a couple. I have to admit this is a pretty big exception. The cool part about all of this is how things came to a head this weekend. For some reason she picked up the book “Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire,” it had been sitting in our house for months. Sunday after church I met with one of our brothers to talk and I was finaly able to set aside my pride and admit to him that I recognized that this is were Steph and I needed to work on our relationship. I cannot explain to you the relief that I felt as I shared this with him. For the first time in months I was able to share this with someone and they were able to bear some of the burden for me. That night I was able to come to Steph and tell her that I had been struggling with this for months. Well that night we sat down as a couple to pray in deep prayer. None of this short couple minute prayers here and there, but deep prayer. I know that He is going to take a good marriage and make it even stronger as we unite in prayer as a couple.

Brothers and sisters I urge you to unite in prayer as my wife does. Pray together, admit were you are prideful, set your own agendas aside and come to the Lord in prayer. HE WILL ANSWER YOUR PRAYERS.

God Bless,

Rick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I have to be honest, there is nothing I love more than when my husband initiates our walk in the Lord together. It blesses my heart and actually I am even more attracted to him when his walk with the Lord is strong. It encourages me to do the same. There is power when 2 or more come together in the name of the Lord, especially husband and wife. Thanks for the reminder Rick & Steph. Love you 3, Jocelyn