Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Yielding to the Holy Spirit




A few weeks back I was praying for people in our church body and the Lord gave me a vision of a pure white bird with it's wings spread wide....it was just soaring. No flapping, just along for the ride.

I prayed into this asking for revelation. He is so faithful to answer, never wanting to leave us hanging. He said that the color of the bird, "pure white" was key in that each and every one of you are clean and pure...not because of you, but because of Him. You are secure, and sealed with His Holy Spirit. He has made a deposit of His very Life in you...His blood is good forever...unconditional. Though our sins are as scarlet...we ARE as white as snow!! No more wringing your hands over the matter...if Jesus said it is finished...then it is finished!! Nice!

As for the flight pattern of the bird. God impressed on me that we must more and more live by faith in God. The bird in my vision was so clearly enduring turbulence, choppy weather, and then calm currents. He allowed himself to be carried about as the wind took him. Never once did I see this bird flap....it just soared...it rested.

Brothers and sisters....no more flapping, trying to do it on your own strength, no more wearing yourselves out! Rest, and allow the Holy Spirit...Christ in you...to carry you from here to there. What He decides to do in you and through you is His business. Get this! As you do, He will blow your mind! He has chosen the weak things of this world to shame the wise. Let us all yield to His power in us. Enjoy the ride!

Isaiah 40:30-31 (NKJV)
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.


Love ya,

Nathan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Nate the vision God gave you gave me chills!!! Thank you for sharing it. How I want to believe that I am like that bird. I know this with my head but after all these years it still hasn't sunk in yet to my heart. Thank you for sharing...it totally brightened my day! Love, Steph F.

Anonymous said...

Amen! Flap no more. Love you, Jo

The Elliotts said...

Amen bro! Thank you for encouraging us to truly REST in the Lord!

Cam

Anonymous said...

Wow Steph F. What a difference God has made us. I have known this in my heart but after all these years it still has not sunk into my head. Funny how God is so
diverse yet the same yesterday and today and forever. Thanks Nate for a great, great lesson. I just flew over the church and it needs a patch in the NW corner. LOL.