Monday, September 24, 2007

Peace

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:6-9

Good afternoon Hillside!

This morning I went in to the dermatologist to be checked out for possible concern for melanoma skin cancer. In most circumstances in the past, I would be biting my fingernails, worried, worried and worried some more. But this situation has been different and I know it is the peace of God which transcends all understanding, that has guarded my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. I am amazed! As I was waiting for my appointment, I actually had to take a double take at myself wondering why I wasn't freaking out. Calm as ever. About 4 months ago when I made the appointment I was scared. But one day a few weeks ago, the Lord brought me complete peace. And I haven't had an anxious thought since that day.


Judy encouraged me with this verse last week and it's so true, I love it!
"My health may fail and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart. He is mine forever" Psalm 73:26 AMEN!!!!! Thank you Judy!

So as the story continues, next Tuesday October 2nd I go in at 4pm for what they call "surgery." A removal of all of these possible cancerous spots. So far there are 10, and possibly more. They will send them in for biopsy and then we'll get the results. Today, I am full of peace. I know my Savior...and all I am is His. So I submit my life to Him. He is King of Kings...and Lord of Lords. That's my King. :-)

I pray that this same peace my transcend over each of my family members at Hillside. If you are worried about anything, even something small. I would love to pray for you. Please email me!

Thank you to those of you who prayed for me today. God answered your prayers! Be encouraged and stay strong in your faith!

Love,
Cammie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a testimony of the Lord's grace and peace Cammie. Thank you for being so open and real with all of us. Jesus, I pray that this same peace you have given Cam will be distributed to others witin our body that need it too. Thank you God that you remain the same forever and ever. Amen!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus for leaving your peace with us. And thank you Cam for sharing with us your testimony. Glory to God our Father in Heaven.

SS