Sunday, September 9, 2007

Keep Our Eyes on God

The Adventures of Bailey and Morgan, or at least that is what I call the stories about my two dogs, Bailey and Morgan. I have wanted to tell you this one ever since Rick wrote about the farm and finally I have time to do so. My dogs do this all the time and it is funny to watch them. Often times we get this big hawk that just soars around the farm and when it does the dogs start running after it. Where ever the hawk flies on the farm the dogs will follow. They will run back and forth in the field running as fast as they can. If you ever get a chance to watch them, they don’t take their eyes off the hawk. They never watch where they are going, but keep their eyes upward. They often fall when they trip in a gopher hole, but they will just get back up, eyes still on the hawk, and continue on. Do we do the same with God? Do we follow him wherever he leads us? Do we keep our eyes on him no matter how hard the path is? Do we keep our eyes on him even when we fall? Do we get back up in obedience keeping our eyes upward? We could learn a little from my doggies in not having any fear of falling and just keep on going no matter what happens. Do we trust God enough to take care of us? Where do your eyes look?

Love Steph S

5 comments:

Joce said...

What a great analogy Steph. Thanks for sharing. Joce

Anonymous said...

What a perfect message for me this week. Thank you Steph! I love this!!!!

Cam

Becca said...

And I deeply appreciate all the tools out there that help me keep my eyes on God. I can listen to christian music at klove.com and they also email me an encouraging Bible verse each day. I can watch Joel Osteen on TV and get his daily devotional delivered by email each day. The trick, of course, is using the tools.

Anonymous said...

What a great message! Thankyou

Anonymous said...

What a blessing. I just now had time to sit down and read the blog. Thank you for the blessing! What joy! You are a great writer. Keep seeing God all around!

Thanks you!

IHS
Z