Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Don't be a Hoser!



With all the hot weather recently, Jocie and I have had to water our plants & flowers quite frequently. A few months ago we purchased 100ft of brand new garden hose which sat in our garage untouched until 2 weeks ago. If you have ever spent any time breaking in a new hose, especially one that is 100ft long; you probably can sympathize with any frustrations that I'm about to share with you.

First of all, the hose fights you. It twists you, pulls you, and takes you for a spin. No kidding. As you attempt to use the hose, you are met with mature rebellion as your 100ft hose kinks up every 3ft refusing to let the rush of fresh water sooth your thirsty garden flora. How ridiculous! I think I lost my salvation a couple times if you know what I mean.

This is when it dawned on me, if I just roll with it, the hose seems to become manageable and very easy to handle. I become less irritated, and the task of bringing much needed refreshment to my thirsty plants is accomplished. After battling my hose for a couple of days, the Lord gave me an excellent picture of what it is like to battle Him and His will. It looks much like the battle described above. Our mature rebellion towards Him, kinks up any hope of His Living Water being able to flow freely, bringing much needed nourishment to your soul, and the souls of others. Zach talked about this a few weeks back...I believe he called it "Quenching the Spirit". Quit being a hoser! You can stop fighting, rest, and receive.

"Let the river flow
Let the river flow
Holy spirit come
Moving power
Let the river flow."
-Darrell Evans


Love ya, Nathan

3 comments:

jtw said...

Yes and when we surrender, God's Living Water is so powerful. (I think about how often I try to do it my way.)

I love how God is always teaching us. He gives us amazing lessons in so many different ways and all that we have to do is be still.

Thank you for sharing.

I love you,
Jo
xxxooo

Anonymous said...

SURRENDER!!!!! Thank you for the reminder, we need it daily! What a great feeling when the kinks are out and the water flows!

IHS
Z

Anonymous said...

I probably will always be a hoser but I am God's hoser and He loves me dearly. I do think He has to unwind me each morning and get the kinks out. Good analogy you nuthead. Love from Doug.