Tuesday, July 24, 2007

We come to Him, but do we listen?

“Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life.” Isaiah 55:3

Our Heavenly Father has revealed this verse to me at different times during my walk with Him. I all to often have the first part of this verse down, but forget about the latter. I usually go through hardship when I forget about the last part of this verse. I can not recall the number of times in my life that I have been struggling and Steph asks, “What did He tell you that you did not listen to.” All to often she is right and I did not listen. I come to Him in prayer, study and worship but do not always open my ears up to listen to what He has to say to me. I met an old man at work some months ago and he told me that the key to studying the word of God is taking time to listen to what He has to teach you. A few days later my boss told me that when I pray to make sure I take time to listen to him as I pray. He has things that He wants to tell us. I have found this to be useful in all aspects of my walk with Him. However, there are times still that I get wrapped up in my own agenda and do not listen. I ask of you, when you come to him do you take time to listen? I can speak for myself that when I take the time to listen to Him I do receive life and it is amazing. I encourage all, when you come to Him take time to listen.

God Bless,

Rick

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Be still and know... Thank you for the encouragement! What a prayer for our church!

IHS
Z

Anonymous said...

I cannot hear God when I am talking. I forget that God loves to hear me talk to him, and it is a two-way conversation. I want to spend time with Him but I also want Him to spend time with me, Jo!

Anonymous said...

His Sheep DO hear His voice. We hear God's voice more than we think we do. Satan wants us to make it a chore, or to get us to doubt that we are REALLY hearing from God. Our Father is happy to make things very clear for His children. He doesn't play hide and seek with us. If you are getting mixed messages or are confused, ask Our Warrior/Protector God to take the devil out back and deal with that liar. Then sit back and get ready to hear God's voice....grab a pen and notebook while your at it and record away. You'll be amazed at what He has to share with you.

Listening with you,

Nathan