Friday, July 20, 2007

Sort of a confession

Only our great and wonderful Holy Spirit could of made me admit this but it is so vibrant in my mind and soul and spirit that I must share it with my favorite people in the world. The other night I had the headache I had only heard and read about. I was about to go to the emergency room as I could not stand it any longer. I had spent much time praying in bed and then on my knees and begging God to take this cup from me. I begged and begged and begged. I took a walk to no avail and then got in my recliner as a last resort. I asked Him if I should go to the hospital and clear as a bell he let me know to praise Him. Why would I possibly do that I was thinking.
BUT, OUT OF DEPERATION!!! I started singing it is well with my soul and thanking Him for all He has done. I never got to verse #2. I woke up fine 3 hours later. Our Lord continues to amaze me the more He responds to me. And all I ever had to do was respond to Him. He has been waiting for me for almost 58 years and I am just beginning to contribute my 1%. He has always been there with His 99%. I have learned that without our commitment, (surrender) we cannot see what He is doing. I thank this sweet church body for showing me so, so much on how to be available to God's will. Most of you are much younger than I but your wisdom I have seen and seen and seen again. I am blessed above most because of my sweet lady and my caring and loving church. All I can say is thank you church and thank you Jesus!!! Love from Doug.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug, You are such a blessing to me! I love how you are always upfront and tell it like it is. It is awesome to see how God does his work when we "let God". (duh!) Thank you Jesus for Doug! Love you much, Jo

Anonymous said...

Amen! Our God is mighty to save!

Anonymous said...

Doug - we all make up the "body" and without you and Marilyn there would be a vital piece missing. What a blessing that we can all learn from our Lord in different ways and share that with each other! Dave and I feel so blessed to be part of the Hillside church body!! Thank you Jesus - we praise you for how wonderful you are to us all! Love, Steph F

Anonymous said...

Doug,
Zach shared your blog with me this week while we were away at the beach. The lesson has stuck in my mind. All God wants is to hear us share our joyful hearts with Him. He says to "pray continuously" in 1 Thess. 5:16-18...this is not only with requests but with our celebratory thoughts! And we should have so many...the list is endless. Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS and again I say rejoice! He IS mighty to save!

Cammie