Friday, July 13, 2007

Shortcut to knowing God

We, as Christians, want to know God.
There are more ways to know God than Christians.
So many books. So many sermons. So many religions.
Many charismatic men and women have tried to show us the way.

We read the Word. We get on our knees. We talk to God. We go to church.
We may even listen in church and listen to God when we are quiet.
All good stuff I would say. It is just that those ways take time to sink in.
We are human and distractions are abundant.

What is the shortcut? THE CROSS!!
What better place to know God than the Cross!
Just look at what He is doing!
Try and put yourself up there and feel what He feels.
What else can be important? Or even interesting!

HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE WHO HE IS?????
HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE HOW HE FEELS?
HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW HIM ?????????

Plain and simple He is 100% Love.
Compassion and Mercy are but attributes of Love.
People, you know Love. He has gifted us with that.
So we do know Him. SIMPLE – SIMPLE – SIMPLE.

And with this simplicity comes Joy.
True Joy cannot be conjured. True Joy is a reaction to a true Savior.
All of a sudden you have Joy and it is then you realize what caused it.
He did. He always has. He always will. Just get up there with Him.
He doesn’t mind. He loves us on His lap. Even when suffering as He did.

Why do we go through times without Joy?
We need not anymore.
You can blame your parents or your spouse or even the enemy.
That would be your fault because He had provided a way out.
THE CROSS!!

At the Cross there is nothing that can touch us because the Cross is an attitude!!!
Knowing God is an attitude!!! It is a conscious effort.
What are our real preferences? If we aren’t at the Cross, why even pursue Him?
THAT IS WHERE HE WAITS FOR US!!!

Love to you from Doug.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Psalm 16 NLT
A psalm of David.
1 Keep me safe, O God,
for I have come to you for refuge.
2 I said to the LORD, “You are my Master! Every good thing I have comes from you.”
3 The godly people in the land
are my true heroes! I take pleasure in them!
4 Troubles multiply for those who chase after other gods. I will not take part in their sacrifices of blood or even speak the names of their gods.
5 LORD, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.
You guard all that is mine.
6 The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance!
7 I will bless the LORD who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
9 No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety.
10 For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.
11 You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.