Monday, July 30, 2007

The Spirit Brings Joy :-)

The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3

This year has been quite a year for my family. As you know, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer at the beginning of the year. It was quite a shock to hear of something like this happening, to someone sooo close to me. Someone who I love dearly, more than she'll ever know. Through this season, our prayer has been that God would be glorified. After multiple surgeries, being poked at, prodded at, multiple doctors, multiple nurses, giving blood, sitting for hours during her chemo treatments, and beyond...my mom has remained joyful, in the midst of physical suffering. Her smile makes me smile. Her laugh makes me laugh. Can this joy be cultivated on her own? I don't believe so. The Spirit brings joy.

I think it's amazing to sit back and see God's blessing around us. As I was out watering my flowers this afternoon and picking the abundance of zucchini springing from our community garden, I was enjoying God's creation and all that he's blessed us with. God has met our needs, time and time again...daily. Without Him, we would lack joy, we'd lack hope, we'd lack endurance.

This blog comes with a simple thank you to each of you who have prayed for my family this year. I praise God today for each of you and I praise Him today for hearing our prayers!

Let's continue to surrender ourselves to the Holy Spirit. As a church, let's pray for love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control. He will bring it to us. He dwells in each of us! Praise Him for that!!

I hope each of you rest well tonight and can lie your heads down praising God for beds, pillows, toothpaste, water, food, comfort, roofs, safety, children, parents, sisters, brothers, smiles, tears, gardens, flowers, color, smells....the list could go on for eternity...

Peace be with each of you.

IHS,
Cammie

No comments: