Friday, July 27, 2007

Why me Lord?

When was the last time you asked the question, why me Lord? When you asked this question were was your heart in asking it? Was it out of self-pity, anger, discouragement or you were just having a plain bad day? I cannot tell you the number of times I have asked this very question in times of despair. As I was at work this week I came to realize how sad this was. My heart is not in the right place when I ask this question. When I ask this question my heart needs to be in a place that I ask, why me Lord is it that you love me so and took such an interest in me? This started me thinking about a performance of “Why Me” by Kris Kristofferson I saw awhile back. He sang this song after he was saved and became a Christian. He sings this song with such conviction in his heart. The lyrics are below.

Why Me

Why me Lord what have I ever done
to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known
Tell me, Lord, what did I ever do
that was worth lovin' you or the kindness you've shown

Lord help me, Jesus, I've wasted it so
help me Jesus I know what I am
but now that I know that I've needed you so
help me, Jesus, my soul's in your hand

Try me, Lord, if you think there's a way
I can try to repay all I've taken from you
maybe Lord I can show someone else
what I've been through myself, on my way back to you

Lord help me, Jesus, I've wasted it so
help me Jesus I know what I am
but now that I know that I've needed you so
help me, Jesus, my soul's in your hand

Lord help me, Jesus, I've wasted it so
help me Jesus I know what I am
but now that I know that I've needed you so
help me Jesus my souls in your hand

Jesus, my soul's in your hand.


When was the last time you asked, what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I’ve known? Have you ever asked what did I ever do that was worth lovin’ you or the kindness you’ve shown? Have you asked Him if there is a way to repay Him for all He has done? Are you willing to show someone else what you have been through on your way back to Him? Will admit you that you have needed Him? Are you willing to tell Him that your soul is in His hands? Tonight I pray that as we head of to sleep that all of us can answer these questions yes without a doubt in our hearts!

God Bless,

Rick

2 comments:

Joce said...

Rick, WOW!!! I love each time that I see you've posted something here~ the Lord speaks to you and through you in mighty ways. Thank you for sharing it and convicting us through him. It's awesome! And thanks again for keeping us accountable personally~ you have blessed Nathan and I more than you will ever know. Continue to seek Him and serve Him. We love you and your family so much. Jocelyn and her boys! =-)

Anonymous said...

God is working in you and through you brother. Can't wait to see all that He has in store for your family. Amazing to think He chose you to "Arise from the Dead". Lights out baby! Cause Christ, the Glory of God is shining on you.

Love you brother,
Nathan