Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Brothers, how do you treat your wife?

“Live happily with the woman you love through all the meaningless days of life that God has given you under the sun. The wife God gives you is your reward for all your earthly toil.” Ecclesiastes 9:9


Brothers when was the last time that you lived happily with your wife? I pray that we live happily with them every day. However, when was the last time you came home from work in a bad mood and was not the husband that you are called to be? How about that long commute that put you sideways and you were not yourself when you arrived home? Do you look at your wife as a reward or a gift that has been given to you by God? How do you treat your wife? Do you treat her with the love and respect that she so deserves? When I try to answer these questions for myself I can say yes most of the time. There are days that I can be somewhat of a bear to deal with. However, He does not say live happily most of the time. I am called to live happily with her all the time. Are you doing this in your marriage?

Before I was saved I did not realize the blessing that Steph was to me in my life. I new I had it good, but I did not realize that she was a reward for all the earthly toil that I put up with. There were times that I would come home in a bad mood and hardly speak to her or would be short with her. I would bring work home with me and not be the husband that I was called to be. I came across this verse a year or so ago and it has made me look at my marriage in a whole different light. Brothers I ask for your help in being lifted up in prayer that I can continue to remember this verse and look at the importance of it. I pray for you that you will see your wives for who they are and treat them accordingly. To my single brothers, I pray that you will someday have this very blessing I write about. Brothers today we need to take a stand and live happily with the blessings that we have been rewarded with and start to set examples for the young men in our lives.

God Bless,

Rick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on!!!!!!!! Thank you! What a great word!

IHS
Z

Anonymous said...

Jocie is a Godsend. I'm sure I have been her "earthly toil" at times in my own selfishness. I am trully blessed that God filled her with grace to make it through the first 7 years. The Lord spoke to me on our anniversary, June 10th, 2007 (a Sunday), and said that this would be a year of "New Beginnings" for us, a time of Rest. My friends...I can honestly say that the Lord has been faithful to do just that. I pray you enter His rest as well.

Love, Nathan