Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dear Church

The words I will express will never match the feelings I have experienced this past two weeks. You people have made this man, for the first time in his life, feel part of a congregation like I have never felt before. I have had so, so many phone calls and so, so, so many text messages it just finally dawned on me just how loved I am. And how blessed I am to be part of Hillside. This is my 7th operation in my life and every single time I went in alone and scared and without hope. I suppose it did glorify God because after I came out I thanked Him as I cried. But I did not have the strength to go in with the confidence in Him that I needed. Well you people held me up and held me up and held me up and held me up and held me up and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and phoned and texted and phoned and texted and held me up and prayed and on and on and on and on until I started feeling and seeing and experiencing yours and God's love grow and grow and grow and grow and grow until eventually I had the peace that passes all understanding. At least "my" understanding anyway. Like I said I had done this 6 times previous and it was always a cold, cold feeling. This time "all of us" walked into that
hospital full of God's confidence and the whole experience was just as God wants for everyone, as long as they pursue Him as Hillside did for me. I thank you for holding me up not only high but consistently and with love. I have never been so proud (in the best sense) to be part of a
group of people and congregation of God like I am now. Please continue to ask, seek and knock
on a regular basis so our church can continue to grow and we can make a difference in the churches in our communities as you have in mine. This kind of love is what God had in mind. I love you all and please, please call on me any time for any reason. Doug.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you Doug!!! You hold us up too!! Your faithful love and friendship are a beacon of light for our Lord. You lit up Kyler's face when you and Marilyn called the other night to see how he was feeling. He couldn't believe that so many people cared for him!!! You do for others what you say Hillside does for you. Believe it Doug...believe it! Love you! Steph F.

Anonymous said...

Doug, you are such an integral part of my family. I love you brother! I love being around you You give your whole self. You open your arms wide and don't hold back. You bring joy and laughter to a bland world. I am so blessed by your friendship and I thank God for you. With much love, Jo

Hillside Life said...

What a wonderful church indeed! Each member of this local body is amazing, gifted and arranged just as He intended us to be! What a gift! Thank you God!