Friday, August 31, 2007

Yo quiero Mas!

"Llename de ti--no hay nada que yo quiera sino tu perfecto amor--
la vida de tu espiritu en mi--yo quiero mas y mas de ti mi Dios"...
or if that just looks like a bunch of gobble-de-gook--
"Fill me with You--there is nothing that I want more than Your
perfect love--the life of Your Spirit in me--I want more and more
of you, my God."
This song brought me to tears and reminded me tonight of a time
when God was pouring out His love through beautiful, beautiful Spanish
music. I usually try not to get too emotional but Spanish music is very
expressive by nature, and when hundreds of people praise God together
without pride and inhibition in a beautiful flowing language, it's
amazing and humbling!
I am learning that Jesus is so passionate about us, and He is
ecstatic when we return that love...He wants His Spirit to flow
through all parts of our lives, including our emotions...He made them,
after all.
I don't naturally always really want more and more of God--sometimes
it seems like a lot of work! But God's life in me really does want more!
Allowing the Holy Spirit to do His work is completely humbling because
it's not me at all--it happens in spite of me, and He allows me to participate.
Like reading all these wonderful blog postings--it's amazing how God
is speaking and loving through everyone!

Love, Lisa G.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so true Lisa! Thank you! If you have spanish music to share, I'd love to hear it. God is a beautiful God isn't He?! Amen!

See you all tomorrow!

IHS,
Cammie

Anonymous said...

You really got me with that one kid. Marilyn and I love you so much. You are a joy always, just like our Lord. Thanks for the message. Straight from the Holy Spirit. Doug

Anonymous said...

"Allowing the Holy Spirit to do His work is completely humbling because
it's not me at all--it happens in spite of me, and He allows me to participate." Amen to that! What a great message! Thanks Lisa.
Love ya, Jo

Anonymous said...

God's Mystery Fullfilled: Christ IN YOU...the hope of Glory!! I have enjoyed some very wonderful times of worshipping with our Mexican brothers and sisters...and I can tell you that they do it with all their heart, mind, soul, and STRENGTH. They don't worry about what anyone else is thinking but throw their whole body into it...it is beautiful and FUN!! I honestly thought the whole building we were worshipping in was gonna fall off the side of the cliff because boy were we getting busy in the Holy Spirit. If God begins to break loose more and more in all of you...that Old Legion Hall is in Trouble!! : ) Step Aside...Yield...and Let God be God in you.

Nathan