Monday, August 6, 2007

Do you listen to the song?

Lisa and I were talking about the camp out and your fun time Saturday night, which led her to ask me the question Zach had asked everyone around the campfire. What car best describes you? And the first thing that came to my mind was a tractor. I guess now everyone knows what a true farm girl I am. After answering that question I have been thinking about tractors and how they are like people. Ok, before you all think I have gone crazy, read on. Have any of you ever listened to different tractors? Living and working on my family farm has given me the chance to listen to lots of different tractors. And today the thought came to me, how each tractor has a different song. I can be sitting at home (which is most of the time now) with the window open and hear a tractor running on the farm and I know which one it is. Each of our tractors has a different sound. One pops, one clangs, one rattles, one gargles, one is loud and smooth and one is just loud; each making its own unique song. Isn’t that how people are, all unique in their song. How often do you stop and listen to another’s song? Sure we may find out the name and title of their song, but do we take the time to listen to the words of each verse of their heart? Then I thought about the verse of us being made in the image of God. (Genesis 1:26) If we are made in the image of God, then each of our songs is a song of God. So if we listen to someone’s song we are listening to God’s song. Are we truly listening?

Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life. Isaiah 55:3

Love,

Steph

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so true Steph! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with all of us! Truly amazing!!

Love,
Cammie

Anonymous said...

Amen! I pray that we throw up the sashes and open our windows wide because we won't want to miss a single line. (How much more will that also bless us.) Thank you, Steph. Love, Jo

Joce said...

What a great reminder to take time as often as we can to "listen" to our family and friends. It's so easy to go through the motions and not really cherish who they are. Thank you, I will do my best to learn more of God's songs.
Love ya,
Jocelyn