Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Cry out so He can hear you!

“The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.” Psalm 34:17

When was the last time that you cried out to the Lord? Is this something that you do daily? Or is it something that you do only occasionally when things get really bad? I know that for myself I do not cry out to Him nearly enough. I face troubles throughout the day and I do not find myself crying out to him all day long. Why is this? Is it out of pride or just plain stubbornness? Or do I believe that maybe once I can fix something on my own without our Heavenly Father’s help? I know that I will eventually call out for His help but it is all to often late and I have become frustrated, angry or sad for the troubles I am having. I know that if I would just come to Him first that he would deliver me from my troubles. Are you willing to come to him like this and give him all your troubles? I know that I tell myself to do this all the time. However, I am not always obedient in this, how about you? If I am not willing to cry out how can He hear me? I pray for the body of Hillside that it can cry out to our Lord so that He may hear us and we can be delivered from all our troubles?

God Bless,

Rick

No comments: