Thursday, August 16, 2007

In times of crisis...

I find it hard to pray. I can't find words. Through out this recent crisis with Kyle's birth-mother, I talked to God daily, but struggled to be coherent or even to ask for help. Even though I struggled, verses would pop into my head and I could get my mental balance for a little while. Here are just a couple of those verses:

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 New Living Translation

Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46:10a NLT

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair.
2 Corinthians 4:8 NLT

Jesus fought off the devil in the desert with Bible verses. It's the only way to do so. I do not read my Bible every day and yet God has still hidden his word in my heart and it came back to help my in my times of trouble. Becca

3 comments:

The Elliotts said...

Thank you so much! What a testimony to God's faithfulness. Thank you for allowing us to pray and to wait on God with you through this season.
Be still and know...thank you, what a word for the day!

IHS
Zach

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being so raw and real Becca. God is using your testimony for His glory. Such encouragement...when you don't know what else to do just be still. He does hold us up. Praying for you guys. Love you! Steph F.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful that God never leaves us, even when we don't reach up to take His hand! Then to top it off, He leaves us with His Word.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Thank you for sharing, Becca. Our prayers continue. Love, Jo