Monday, August 27, 2007

Mary, Mary. . .How Does Your Garden Grow?



We always know when Jesus is at work when He produces in the commonplace something that is inspiring. ~ Oswald Chambers

It is wonderful how God gives us revelation in the commonplaces of our lives! A couple of weeks ago, I spent 14 some hours raking, pruning, thrashing, hauling, and pulling weeds. As I was working, I had time to meditate about my Christian walk with God.

Am I taking care of my garden? Is the ground dry and parched? Am I getting rid of the weeds in my life? Am I continuing to keep the ground soft and rich and letting Living Water flow through it? What am I planting in my garden? Am I fertilizing the soil? Is the brush so overgrown that it is choking out the beautiful flowers? Am I producing good fruit?



It is so easy to let our lives go. We must tend our garden daily. We cannot think that once we become a Christian, then that is all we have to do. We must tend to it daily so that our lives will bear good fruit. We have been given the gift of life through Jesus Christ. Will we take care of our precious gift? Will we cultivate it, display it, shout it, share it, live it?

I am so glad that Jesus is working in my life and allowing me to see His love and know Him in commonplaces!

Love,
Jo

1 comment:

The Elliotts said...

Wow Jo, thank you so much for this! We love you!!!

Cammie